General English Courses in London
Due to the Corona Virus, all of our English courses are online until our English school building in London reopens.
English Course times:
- Mornings: 9.15am to 12.15pm (up to 12.5 pure hours with a teacher per week)
- Afternoons: 12.30 to 3.30pm (up to 12.5 pure hours with a teacher per week)
- Evenings: 6.30pm to 8.30pm (up to 3.5 pure hours with a teacher per week)
NB Lessons are scheduled to have a 30-minute in any 3-hour block. However, teachers and students may agree to finish 15 minutes early with a reduced 15-minute break. The important number is the pure hours with a teacher.
Objectives of our General English Courses:
- To increase fluency and accuracy in spoken English
- To build confidence in using all English skills (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
- To extend and refine grammar knowledge
- To widen range of vocabulary
- To improve English pronunciation
General English Course Options
ICE provides English Courses at the following levels:
- General English Beginner Course CEFR A1
- General English Elementary Course CEFR A1.2 to A2.1
- General English Pre-Intermediate CEFR A2.2
- General English Intermediate CEFR B1
- General English Upper intermediate CEFR B2
- Cambridge First Exam Preparation CEFR B2
- IELTS Exam Preparation CEFR B2 (minimum level) to C2
- General English Advanced CEFR C1
- Cambridge Advanced English Exam Preparation CEFR C1
Email us for up-to-date timetable!
*good for Short Term Study Visas
The most popular way to improve your English language skills is to enrol on a General English Course. Students calls us 'cheap and high quality'. Here at London's best value English school, Islington Centre for English (ICE), we have up to 34 hours of English courses every week! Study English in the mornings, the afternoons, the evenings or a combination of all three, full or part-time, to suit you. Read our English School Google reviews
You will study the grammar and vocabulary that are the building blocks of successful English language learning. You will also receive extensive practice in the essential skills of Listening, Reading, Writing and, most importantly, Speaking. We want to increase your confidence so you can take advantage of your new English language skills in your career, studies and with friends.