Professional English Language Training
For happier, more efficient & productive overseas staff
So many companies benefit from the UK’s wealth of overseas talent. Such employees bring much-needed skills to our workforce. For a team to work effectively together, fluent and accurate communication skills are essential.
The Islington Centre for English can provide experienced and qualified native-speaking tutors for your staff either in-house or at our English School in central London. We can provide full-day intensive, evening or lunchtime courses to fit into your schedule. English language tuition is also a great motivator, a reward for excellent performance and a highly effective staff retention tool.
Tailor-made & professional English language Courses for your Staff
Principally, managers want their staff to be able to do the following four things:
- Understand what they are being asked to do
- Clearly relay information to colleagues and customers
- Happily network and socialise with colleagues
- Produce accurate written communications, i.e. emails and reports
For more senior members of staff, companies require the following:
- Graded, nuanced language to manage and develop employees
- Highly accurate written & spoken communication using appropriate and sensitive language
Not only does ICE provide training in these areas, but we also consult with you on the language specific to your industry that your employees need to work effectively and happily.
In-House Language Training areas include:
- Communicating politely & effectively with customers
- Report writing
- Writing emails
- British Cultural Awareness
- The language of meetings
- The language of appraisals
- Phone conversations
- Office conversational English
- The work social & networking
- The language of sales & marketing, pitching a product...
Measurable Outcomes & Certification
Initial, mid-course and final assessments are carried out for all delegates. This enables your company’s management to clearly understand an employee’s progress. An ICE Professional English Language Training Certificate is provided to those who fulfil the required 80% course attendance. Certificates detail the level of English language studied and the delegate’s final attainment on the CEFR scale (Common European Framework for Language Reference).
The Enrolment Process
- A member of the ICE team consults with management to establish your company’s aims and objectives.
- Decision as to whether the course takes place in-company or at our English school in Angel, Islington.
- A visit to your workplace is arranged to meet potential students and to assess their needs with a written and spoken English language test. If more convenient, this can also be carried out remotely on the phone or by Skype with an on-line grammar test.
- ICE designs a course to specifically address your requirements.
- Arrangements are made for course delivery. How many sessions per week? Weekday lunch times or evenings? Intensive or part-time?
Previous Clients said:
"Steve is a highly professional teacher who adapts materials and approach to different learning needs swiftly and smoothly. He is immensely inspiring and engaging. He boosts students' language skills and confidence which, in turn, improves their work performance.” Jie Zheng, Manager Nandos Edgware
“I found the classes truly helpful and the teacher was also very good, ready to help and patient. We had the opportunity to improve any kind of ways to communicate in English (either writing, reading or listening). The teacher also focused on common mistakes in the English grammar, which I found to be the most useful part.…I must thank to AKT for investing on us (I believe that there are not many companies giving English classes to their workers).” Jaona, AKT
Contact us for more details
Download our Questionnaires: