Teacher recruitment policy
- ICE requires that all EFL teachers are degree qualified and hold a minimum of CELTA (or equivalent) .
- The Director of Studies must be DELTA/Trinity Diploma or MA EFL qualified with at least two years teaching.
- Any teacher involved in the teaching of English for Specific Purposes must also possess subject-specific qualifications. For example, Business English teachers should be CELTA plus CERTiBET qualified (or equivalent).
- All contracted teachers must be enhanced CRB-checked.
- Temporary/ Cover teachers need not be CRB checked and will not be employed to teach under 18 year-olds.
- For all new appointments, at least one reference must be provided.
- ICE promises its students that all teachers speak English as a first language. Genuinely bilingual teachers are also employed, of course. A true native level of English is required to teach at ICE.