ICE Terms & Conditions of Enrolment
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
- Enrolment for a course, together with the payment of the required deposit, creates a binding agreement to follow the course and to pay the full fees regardless of changes of the student’s plans. Fees must be paid before the course is started. Only the management can decide if exceptions are to be made.
- ICE undertakes to provide a mutually agreed course of study. If for any reason the student absents him/herself without prior arrangement no refund will be given.
- If students change their course of study during the term, no refunds will be given where the revised course involves fewer subjects.
- Au pairs: please be aware that, by paying a deposit, you are committing to studying the full length of your course. Should your au pair arrangements finish earlier than intended, no refunds on tuition fees will be given.
- Courses will only take place if justified by demand. If a course is cancelled by ICE and a student is unable to attend a replacement course, a refund of course fees will be made minus the cost of the course already studied.
- In the event of a cancellation by the non-visa student booking in advance, for whatever reason, the following will apply:
a) Cancellation must be made in writing and proof of writing must be provided by student.
b) where a cancellation is received 7 days or more after the student has started his/her course,
there will be no refund whatsoever.
c) Where a course is cancelled less than 7 days before the course start date, 30% of course fees
will be retained by the school.
d) Where a course is cancelled less than 14 days and more than 7 days before the course start
date, 10% of course fees will be retained by the school.
e) Where a course is cancelled more than 14 days before the course start date, a full refund of
course fees minus registration fee will be given.
f) 24 hours’ notice of cancellation required for 1-to-1 lesson or full-payment will be charged.
g) Refund will be paid within four weeks of a student providing ICE with bank details and signed authorisation that the refund should be paid to a particular account.
- All Students must tell reception of any change of address, email or telephone number.
- Any students enrolled for Cambridge Examinations are required to be enrolled at ICE at the time of the exam itself.
- In order to take advantage of a cheaper price-bracket, any student wishing to extend their course, must inform ICE within the first two weeks of study.
VISAs, REFUSALS & ATTENDANCE
- In the event of a VISA refusal, the deposit paid will be refunded minus a £135 administration fee on receipt of an original VISA refusal letter. Possible banking fees must be borne by a student.
- Where the Application is made from outside the EU, a refund will only be given in the event of VISA refusal.
- In the event of an Application based on false documentation of any kind, no refund will be given.
- In the event in which a VISA is granted later than desired, no refund will be given to a student whose course has to be shortened as a consequence.
- Refunds can only be made by UK cheque or bank transfer.
- Overseas students are reminded that they must comply with the Home Office regulations on immigration.
- Refund will be paid within four weeks of a student or an ETO providing ICE with bank details and signed authorisation that the refund should be paid to a particular account.
- There can be no changes of course dates with less than 2 week’s notice. A student may organise a replacement class within the same week if acceptable to the teacher and reception.
- For all courses up to and including 6 weeks duration, holidays can only be booked on the day of enrolment. It is not permitted to book a short course and then book a holiday (with or without 2 week’s notice) and replace the lessons lost.
- For courses of 7 weeks or more duration, holidays can be booked with a holiday application submitted 2 week’s in advance of the holiday period requested.
- Students are entitled to 2 weeks holiday per 12 weeks of study. This must be arranged a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- All students must take 2 weeks holiday during Christmas break when the school is closed (generally from the last Friday before Xmas to the 1st Monday in January). The students booking 36 weeks or more must take 2 weeks of their holiday allowance in the summer months of June, July or August.
- If a student is sick and wishes to replace lost lessons, he/she must present a doctor’s note to reception. However, a student may be permitted to informally replace a lost lesson in the same week with the permission of his/her teacher as long as a maximum class size is not exceeded as a result.
- The Directors reserve the right to expel a student if he/she does not fulfil the above requirements or for behaviour disruptive to the general conduct of the Centre. In such cases no refund fees will be given.
I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, the information given on this form is correct.
I have read, I understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions above.
I agree not to access websites or any materials that promote extremism.
The School Brochure is correct at the time of printing but is subject to alteration.