ICE Terms & Conditions
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
1. Enrolment for a course, together with the payment of the required deposit, creates a binding agreement to follow the course and to pay the full fees regardless of changes of the student’s plans. Fees must be paid prior to the commencement of the course. Any extenuating circumstances are subject solely to the discretion of the management.
2. ICE undertakes to provide a mutually agreed course of study. If for any reason the student absents him/herself without prior arrangement no refund will be given.
3. If students change their course of study during the term, no refunds will be given where the revised course involves fewer subjects. Holders of a General Student VISA are advised that the Centre is obliged to insist that a full-time course of at least 15 hours per week is followed (not including break times).
4. Courses will only take place if justified by demand. If a course is cancelled by ICE and a student is unable to attend a replacement course, a refund of course fees will be made minus the cost of the course already studied.
5. In the event of a cancellation by the student booking in advance, for whatever reason, the following will apply:
a) Cancellation must be made in writing and proof of writing must be provided by student.
b) Where a cancellation is received 7 days or more after the student has started his/her course, there will be no refund whatsoever.
c) Where a course is cancelled less than 7 days before the course start date, 30% of course fees will be retained by the school.
d) Where a course is cancelled less than 14 days and more than 7 days before the course start date, 10% of course fees will be retained by the school.
e) Where a course is cancelled more than 14 days before the course start date, a full refund of course fees minus registration fee will be given.
VISAs, REFUSALS & ATTENDANCE
6. In the event of a VISA refusal, the deposit paid will be refunded minus a £150 administration fee on receipt of an original VISA refusal letter.
7. In the event in which a VISA is granted later than desired, no refund will be given to a student whose course has to be shortened as a consequence.
8. All Students must tell reception of any change of address or telephone number.
9. Overseas students are reminded that they must comply with the Home Office regulations on immigration. Any student on a ‘General Student VISA’ is required to achieve a minimum 80% attendance and not to miss 10 consecutive day’s tuition. Failure to do so will result in the Home Office being notified.
10. The College Prospectus is correct at the time of printing but is subject to alteration.
11. Any students enrolled for Cambridge Examinations are required to be enrolled at ICE at the time of the exam itself.
12. In order to take advantage of a cheaper price-bracket, any student wishing to extend their course, must inform ICE within the first two weeks of study.
13. If a student wishes to take holiday and to retain the course duration, a minimum of two weeks’ notice should be given in order to change course end dates.
14. Students are entitled to 2 weeks holiday per 12 weeks of study. This must be arranged a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
15. However, for all courses of duration 36 weeks or longer, students must take 2 weeks during Christmas break when the school is closed (from the last Friday before Xmas to the 1st Monday in January) and 2 weeks in the summer months of June, July or August.
16. The Directors reserve the right to expel a student if he/she does not fulfil the above requirements or for behaviour disruptive to the general conduct of the Centre. In such cases no refund fees will be given.